COVID-19 - June 2020 UPDATE
In order to better serve you, our office has reopened to the public!
The entire Southwest Broadband team can still handle a majority of your needs by calling in or emailing us. If possible, please start with a call or email before stopping by.
If your needs do require a trip to the office, keep in mind that people showing signs of a respiratory infection, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or have traveled to a high risk country or area with widespread community transmission should not be visiting in person.
In addition, in-home visits by our technicians will be limited, as many issues can be resolved remotely.
Emergency repair will be available 24/7 by calling (507) 662-7000. Payments can be made utilizing our payment drop box, online at www.mysmbs.com, or by phone.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to serving you!
Things to consider before stopping by:
Try Calling or Emailing Us First...
• We can handle a majority of your needs by phone or email.
Only Come In If...
• You have no respiratory infection symptoms
• If you haven’t traveled to a high risk area within two weeks.
Southwest Broadband also pledges to implement the following criteria until June 1, 2020
- Southwest Broadband will not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic
- Southwest Broadband will waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic
- Southwest Broadband will work with the school districts throughout our serving area to assist with providing broadband connectivity needed for E-learning. We will be reaching out to every school in our service territory to see how we can help facilitate their new distance learning initiatives and obligations
- Southwest Broadband will prioritize the connectivity needs for emergency services, hospitals and healthcare providers
As your local communications provider, serving our customers and communities is our number one priority. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow recommended practices as outlined by the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health, adjusting our course as needed based on their recommendations. We are dedicated to working through these challenging times and will keep you informed of any further developments via our Facebook page and website.
Thank you for your continued patronage,